Wed, 22 Mar|
Paying Attention to Our ADHD Children
This session will help you understand what ADHD is – and isn’t – and which strategies and approaches that may help you in your everyday lives..
Time & Location
22 Mar 2023, 18:00 – 20:30
The Ark, Citadel Quay, South Harbour Street, Ayr, KA7 1JB
About the event
ADHD is often overlooked and underdiagnosed in younger children, and as a result we can struggle as parents to identify and support our children who have ADHD traits. This session will help you understand what ADHD is – and isn’t – and which strategies and approaches that may help you in your everyday lives..
The session will explore current research and key features that diagnosed (and undiagnosed) children may present including:
- executive functioning impairments
- emotional dysregulation (including masking)
- the different presentations of ADHD (including female presentations)
- a child’s experience of ADHD (with real life anonymised examples)
- practical strategies to support you with your everyday life
This session is delivered by a trainer with ADHD.